I have a lot of guilty pleasures in life; such as showering in the dark (I know weird), frozen chocolate covered pretzels, breakfast in bed and late night swims in the ocean but working out every morning at 6 am is my favorite. The past few days I have been feeling bloated with low energy, yesterday I went for a nice long run and I feel much better. It was just what I needed on hump day. I started heading to the gym early in the morning back in October and it has drastically changed my life and motivation. The first few days are difficult but then you start to get used to it and if your like me its what you NEED in the morning to function the rest of the day. I love working out it morning it not only helps me wake up but it helps me to be more productive in the morning and throughout the rest of the day. Before October I was in an ultimate work out rut, I struggled heading to the gym after I got home from school at 5 pm. Working out in the morning has completely changed that. Not a morning person? Are you thinking the gym is the last place I want to be at 6 am? Here are ten reasons to start your morning workouts! I promise you will get addicted.
- Jump starts your metabolism. Helping you burn more calories all day long.
- Helps regulate appetite throughout the day.
- You are more focused
- Improves discipline aka more likely to make better food choices
- Starts your day out by doing something good for YOU.
- Not crowded = No wait time (at least at my gym)
- Helps you sleep better
- Less likely to skip your workout (get it done first thing)
- Clears your mind
- It JUST WORKS!
So go on now …. set your alarm for 6:00 am and start your day off right !